I’m not freaking out, are you freaking out? I’m actually writing a Pitch Wars Mentee Bio. Guys, I’ve wanted to write one of these for a very long time. Okay, onto the fun stuff!
Hi, I’m Michella (Me-kel-la).
I’m totally normal! 🙂 Feel free to call me Mic (like Mick Jagger or Mickey Mouse). I’m part Italian, Filipino, and Indian. Born and raised in Brooklyn, NY. I love New York, but I also really love London so I don’t know, maybe after college there could be a move across the pond.
I’ve written a YA Contemporary called Lady Hamlet in which my lovable and dramatic MC decides to stage a gender swapped version of Hamlet but doesn’t realize that’s easier said than staged. At the core it’s a story about female friendship but also has some anxiety, kissing, family woes, and play rehearsals. Link to the Pinterest board if you’d like! It’s pretty.
THINGS I LIKE:
I also like making lists. As you can tell.
You probably want to know what books I like, sweet like-minded book people that you are. I shall tell you! I mostly read YA, but have been known to read stuff outside my chosen genre. Here’s a snapshot of books I curl up in the fetal position with:
*Pets screen* So pretttyyyyyyy.
TV Wise! [I tried so hard to be selective] [also: FOOD NETWORK]
Movie wise! [did not really try to be selective]
Music wi–no, sorry. We could be here all day. Let me just say: Florence + the Machine, Arctic Monkeys, Rolling Stones, The Killers, Bastille, and soooo many more.
- I broke my wrist/three fingers falling off my scooter when I was in sixth grade. I don’t know why I thought that was fun.
- I used to write for the Vampire Academy fan page Shadow Kissed! Now that was fun.
- I still love Build-a-Bear. I have a penguin named Tux and an owl named Fieryo.
- My kitty is cute and fat. He goes by Timmy.
- I’ve never dyed my hair but I’d love to have blue hair like Karou.
- And when I went to DC 4 years ago, me and my mom and fave tita and cousin made a video of ourselves dancing all over the city to cheer my nonno in the Philippines up, who was recovering from a stroke at the time. THIS IS THAT VIDEO.
What a great way to end!! Thanks for reading 🙂
You can find the other #PimpMyBios here.